Friday, March 9, 2012

IPod -- Skipping Songs -- Help!?

I just got a new Video iPod to replace a 4th generation iPod that was stolen. I'm having problems with it not playing many of my songs. I never had a problem with my previous iPod, and this one is a nightmare. I went to the "Genius Bar" at the Apple store and was told to update all my iTunes and iPod software, which I did, and it's still skipping songs. Aaargh!



They even gave me a new iPod, and the replacement iPod is doing the same thing. I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Anyone who leads me toward the right solution is promised a life of good karma. Bring it.IPod -- Skipping Songs -- Help!?
Hey, I have an ipod video 30gb and all the songs I imported from cds were skipping. I had to go into itunes and go to Edit%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Preferences%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Advanced%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Importin鈥?When there check the box that says "Use error correction when reading audio CDs" Also in the same place where it says, "Import Using:" pick the mp3 encoder option. Aslo where it says "Setting:" pick the "Higher Quality (192 kbps)" option. I think this will only work if you are getting your music off a CD, It might work for downloded too though, wouldnt hurt to try! Hope this helps!
Mine used to do the same thing. Restore the iPod using the ipod updater. Wipe it then update it. Thats all i can think of.IPod -- Skipping Songs -- Help!?
Well, since i'm an ipod junkie, i think you should try restoring it..NOT UPDATE...restore it! if that doesn't work, try to reinstall itunes, maybe somethings wrong with the itunes or something...good luck, kiddo!
Keep returning it. If the next one does the same. Ask for a refund. It is probably something wrong with their stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment