Monday, March 12, 2012

Why am I so resentful and jealous towards my ex?

This is going to sound a little odd, and I'm not sure if it's normal that I feel this way?



My ex broke up with me 4 months ago. We were toegether for 2 years and he broke my heart into pieces. After he broke my heart, I don't know if he was doing it to push me away or what, he was incredibly mean to me. We share the same friends, so I had to see him around (ugh) and he would literally say the rudest stuff to me and just glare at me. If I tried to talk to him, he's insult me and put me down....you'd thnk I was the one who broke up with him or something. It hurt so much and it sent me into a terrible depression that I'm finally getting over because I've finally realized how mean of a person he is.



But here's the thing.. my ex is a very good looking guy (he's traveled to Asia, NYC, and Italy for modeling), and has a very likeable and goofy personality. He's also smart and has had everything handed to him (his parents have a lot of money so he basically gets whatever he wants).

And I'm at this stage now where I almost feel like I resent him?

We went to a bar tonight and unfortunately he was there, and all night people were complimenting him on his looks, telling him how awesome he was, etc. etc.



It REALLY kills me that everyone idolizes him. No one knows how terrible he was to me and how much he has destroyed my self esteem. I just wish karma would kick him in the as*, but it doesn't seem to want to. I swear, I've never seen this guy unhappy.. he's up on such a high horse because he just gets complimented and swooned over 24/7.



Is it normal that I feel so much resentment towards him? It feels like jealousy, which I hate to admitWhy am I so resentful and jealous towards my ex?
i don't really have a good answer you your question, but i'm going to tell you what i think.



first of all, my bf broke up with me 4 months ago and for some reason felt the need to insult me when breaking up with me. even though i had been a great girl to him. well, first i had to realize that what he said or did did not define me as a person. i still have great qualities and beauty that many other guys notice, and the insults were not true. (plus, i doubt that no one compliments you!)



second, my ex was very hot and a talented athlete. guess what...? looks don't last forever. everyone tells him he's so hot, but ten years from now when he's balding, there is gonna be some younger hotter guy, and your ex will feel worse than anyone else. normal people aren't used to being swooned over every day, so they won't miss it as much. when your ex stops receiving it, it's gonna deeply hurt him (not that you wish this on him)



karma works in mysterious ways. my very sweet friend's bf was attractive, intelligent, goofy, likable, and he dumped her for a blonde california girl. when he moved to be with the new girl, she ended up cheating on him with her boss and the 'perfect guy' had to come back with his tail between his legs. those perfect guys are not immune to failure and heartbreak.



so.. his life may seem perfect, but it most definitely is not. (why would he feel the need to be so hurtful to you if he was happy with his life?) so let him be miserable inside and you go ahead and be happy. the best revenge is living well. go meet a new guy who treats you awesome. i guess people say to forgive your ex is the only way for YOU to be truly happy. i agree that it helps (even if they don't deserve the forgiveness).



so after months of hurt and jealousy, i started seeing he was not that great and focusing on my qualities. i met another guy who wants to treat me like a queen. also, he's very cute but he has so much going on for him.. i honestly feel pity for my ex. it's strange.
Kill him or stay away, and yes completely normalWhy am I so resentful and jealous towards my ex?
It's all normal

No comments:

Post a Comment