Monday, March 12, 2012

Friends and foes: I need some advice...please put personal differences aside?

My cousin just invited me to meet him out at a local bar restaurant. here's the thing:



He's just getting out of a messy divorce and I would like to see him bounce back BUT......

he is out with a married ex-gf of his who I know he has banged a couple times. He has expressed a desire to not keep messing with her (bad karma and all) but is obviously being weak tonight. She is supposedly out with a couple of her friends who I don't know at all...but I do know:

1) there is a very good chance that they too are married, and are probably looking to cheat on their husbands as well

2) they are probably around the same age as my cousin and his ex (40). This particular point is a big negative in and of itself.



Now morally I am not one to mess with married chicks and I really generally don't dig on 40+ women. On the negative, I could be an accomplice to unhealthy behavior. On the plus, I could leverage the social network of this group of women to meet other younger, single women. What do you think I should do?



Please respond quickly as time is of the essence on this decision. Thanks!Friends and foes: I need some advice...please put personal differences aside?
Don't go. You won't enjoy yourself. It's great to support your friend through a tough time, but he just wants a wingman tonight and it would put you in an uncomfortable situation.



As for thinking that talking with these women would get you attention from "younger, hotter" women...let me tell you something about "younger, hotter women." They aren't looking around a club for guys that are talking to other women. They are actively trying to DEFLECT some of the attention they get to find a guy they like. As soon as you turn one down (as nicely as possible) another rounds the corner and approaches. There is literally no time to look around and see who might *not* be paying attention to/looking at you. It never enters your field of vision. Fact.
Divorcing men have never needed "accomplices" to commit unhealthy behavior. If you don't show up, I doubt he'll be thinking, "gee, I wish my cousin were here so I could run amok."



Does "leverage the social network of this group of women..." mean date their daughters? I don't see that happening either.Friends and foes: I need some advice...please put personal differences aside?
Well, you can't condemn his behavior and continue to spend time with him and his accomplices. By showing up tonight you will demonstrate your support for his activities. So, I would rather not do it, if I were you. Or accept him with all his faults and go, so you can observe how not to be and use that info as a life lesson. Choice is yours.
Personally I would just stay right out of it period.



If you cousin can't control himself then why do you need to do it for him.



Sometimes the best way is to wait until advice is asked for before offering it, let him fall down and then he will either get up or stay down it will be his choice.



We can only help those who want help.
The best way to describe this evening is 'a tawdry affair'. Action speaks louder than words. If you disapprove, which you obviously do, don't participate. You are not stronger than the power sex has over people. I would think you would end up having a bad evening, feeling digested all night can't be fun or good for you. Hope that helps.
Oh my, seems like a lot of dramas, I would not go. Now what was it you said about us "Hawaiian" Chicks? Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend. =P
You should avoid the whole mess and go out with another friend (who's single) instead. Then you two can "cruise chicks" together without any marriage messiness.
If you're confident that your plan will succeed then I say go. I usually see women avoid guys that look like their married (you might look married, even though you're not in the crowd you'd be in)
Go out with the group and enjoy your evening. ... but bring pepper spray. Stay safe.
Why in the living 'ell would you want to meet the younger friends of dishonest women who cheat?



Won't their friends be cheaters also?





Stay the 'ell away from that mess. Bad voodoo!



==edit==



I still say that it is bad voodoo. Find some other female friends to go with you to the bar.
mind your own business , leave everyone do whatever they want , if you don't want to participate well then do not but don't mess with their lives whether you think their behaviors are right or wrong .



edit :



oh i see . i say go you are just assuming bad things will happen , anyways if bad things do happen you can still hold your own diaper if thats what you want .

No comments:

Post a Comment