Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Are you a superstitious person ?

maybe you never was until a certain period in your life when you had a life changing experience ?



is there something that you do now, almost religiously ...to ward off bar karma/luck or simply as a 'precaution' , because of some past event ?



the last three ppl who decieved me or were wolfs in sheep clothing had 'green' garments on of some sort, be it a top, the pants or a bag....the colour 'green' therefore is my assurance and warning to me, to 'be wary' of dealings with you, should u happen to approach me in a bright green sweater or something lol



must be the colour i guess, nasty greenie lol



Are you a superstitious person ?Are you a superstitious person ?
Not really, I find that superstition is just the power of suggestion at work. I believe that your thoughts and beliefs create your reality, so if you imbue a good luck charm with the belief that it will bring you good luck, then it will. If you believe that stepping on a crack in a pavement or breaking a mirror will bring you bad luck, then it will as well.



Superstitions, just like jinxes or curses started life as one particular event which somebody built a thoughtform around. That thoughtform then created subsequent events which were passed on to others as anecdotes, and these other people then took up the belief and began creating similar realities for themselves.



You have done so yourself with the colour green. One person who deceived you was wearing green, so subconsciously you must have then taken up the belief that green = deception and that colour must therefore act as a warning. Really, the best kind of 'superstitions' to have are positive thoughts and beliefs about life, such as: I AM LUCKY: HUMAN NATURE IS POSITIVE: I AM ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME: I ALWAYS MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION: I AM SUCCESSFUL and so on. That will be all the 'protection' from bad karma that you need, and will create very positive energies around you.
Well,honestly,I did not think I was until the other day.I bought 2 items at a Convenience store,and the total came to $6.66.The cashier frowned,and said,'Why don't you buy a pack of gum here too...'At first I just laughed,but then I took her advice,so that my total in the end came to a much less 'ominous' $7.50.

;-)Are you a superstitious person ?
When I was little I was eating a hot dog and on the last bite ( the end piece) I started choking. It was bad, needed the Heimlich .... Now I will not eat the last bite of a hot dog. Everyone makes fun of me for it but I just won't do it.
yes, i am so superstitious that when something bad happens i think about what i changed in the past week or so.. then i think it is a bad luck omen...lol i am kinda crazy, california sun i guess
No I am not a superstitious person ; I like to joke about a knife or a fork falling on the floor ; and saying ; Oh well I will have some visitors
No just spiritual.
No.



I'm flying back from Sacramento on Friday February 13th.
No, I'm just a little paranoid sometimes.
yes, but in my own way, not in a stereotypical way like walking under ladders or anything. I like green myself. : )
Not even a little bit.
superstition is a load of bull. along with chain letters.
nope...but i pray when i'm doubtful....lol
In some respects yes. You know the old saying 'one for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy, five for silver, six for gold and seven for a secret never to be told'? Talking about magpies that is.. I'm realllly supersitious about magpies! it seems to me that whenever I see a lone magpie, I get bad luck! For example, yeaarrs ago, I saw one magpie on the road when I was driving, then a few minutes later, I went skidding down an icy hill and crashed. Luckily not seriously, but a crash none the less. Then last year, I saw one magpie as I was going up to sort out my horses for the evening. My old mare, who was a laminitic, was hopping lame, and she had to be put down the next day. These are only two of the bad stuff that's happened to me when i've seen magpies. To be honest, I wouldn't be silly enough to think that they cause it, instead they just warn me against it. Much the same as when I see two magpies, I get good luck, or at least a good feeling for the day!



Otherwise, I'm not very supersitious... I don't believe that I shouldn't walk under ladders, or eat lucky heather or something! Magpies are my only supersition!



Wow, that's quite a cool one: using green to warn of bad luck!! I started believing in the whole one for sorrow two for joy stuff after the car accident. Whenever I see a single magpie, I always desperately look round for another! Quite pathetic really... but we all have these little idiosyncracies, and I believe it's true.. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment