Monday, March 12, 2012

Mistakenly used someone's credit card.?

So I met this girl at a bar and she was pretty loaded. The right thing to do was to walk her home to make sure she got home ok (wasnt far). I was a little tipsy but I was ok. While walking her home she kept dropping her purse and her stuff was falling out (cell, credit card and cash). This happened 4 times within the 1km walk to her building. on the 4th drop I put her stuff in my free pocket so she would stop dropping it and gave it back to her once I got her home. I got to my car and got gas, went to McDonalds and got muffins at tim hortons. Not knowingly I was using her credit card that was still in my pocket. I didnt know it was hers when I used it and it was a honest mistake because our Master cards are both from the same banks and both have pay pass which I used all 3 times.



I dont use a wallet. Usually have my ID, Credit Card and cash in my pockets. The charges I made were less then 70$ and when I found out it wasnt my card I freaked out and in the heat of the moment threw it out of my window on the freeway. What are the chances I get caught?



This is a real story. No BS. I try to do a good deed and this happens to me... Nice Karma eh?Mistakenly used someone's credit card.?
Okay people, if you panick people do all kinds of things! So chances are this story is true. I think you shouldn't have thrown it out of the window. You should have returned the card to the girl, payed her back and explained what happened. I'm not sure what it's like in USA but in England if that happened. Chances of getting caught are about 50/50. I think you should fess up. Will stop you worrying.
Technically, you are guilty of credit card fraud. Most likely, the gas station has you on tape using the card, and it will be simple to find you.

I suggest you come clean with the girl, and reimburse her. That way you will avoid being prosecuted.Mistakenly used someone's credit card.?
Definite BS.

To use a credit card for a transaction, you either need to enter the PIN or else sign a receipt (and the signature has to match the one on the back of the card).

What you describe is simply not possible.
"No BS"? THAT sounds like BS. Throwing the card onto the freeway is not the reaction one makes to an "innocent mistake." Those places have security cameras, ya know.
Why not go to her house and tell her what happened and pay her the $70? If she reports it to police, you get caught, b/c gas stations have cameras.
Why didn't you go and retreive the card? Some people will think you're a thief. Be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment