Monday, March 12, 2012

Can one use Google Voice as their ONLY phone number? Please o Please Help Me.......?

I have been researching this for several days (on here as well, but "my eyes is goin' crazy") %26amp; I've had it.



I had to stop my cell service and I do not have a land line. On Google Voice of course you have to verify by providing a phone number. Yesterday I did find a site with a way around this. It linked to another site which would supposedly give you a phone number (didn't work - I guess they're all out?!) and then also X-lite for whatever (interface? Why can't you use Google or do that not have a phone pad dealio?).



I am completely confused. Today I found FreeCall.com, but cannot determine (and do not think) I can get incoming calls/my own number there. Look, I am old...ok, 35...but that's kinda old for this cr@p (I mean, my 1st computer class was taking weeks to enter code into a DOS system just to print out an ASCII image - OH COOL, WOW, that was worth 7 days) and I only ask questions for fun or if I am beyond frustrated. The latter would be the case. Please Help. And I'm also curious about rates. that was part of the work around for that site that gave out free numbers (but now doesn't?!)...I am so confused. Fees aren't a Huge issue. I just want to be able to make calls to my doctor and my family. I am not a huge phone person. I had my last cell for 6 months and barely had 300 minutes used. I am poor %26amp; can't get a new phone right now %26amp; I am not getting a cheap pay per minute - have been there and it's pointless. I'd like to get a Virgin Mobile as it has the cheapest rate plan and is all I need....but with a NICE phone (which of course I cannot afford....ahem)



IS is possible to use Google Voice (I really like the # I found ;) and somehow from somewhere get a number so I can verify my existence on Google Voice? As far as clients go, could I use FreeCall? ALSO (omg, i need wine) IF I provided a friend's cell number (and I know the premise behind Google Voice - connect your cell, home, work, 2nd home, bar, massage place #'s all in one o.O)...however, again, if I use someone else's number, can I set Google Voice to then NOT RING at that number/ i.e. have nothing to do with it?



If you can answer this I will send you so much good karma, your mouth will hurt from smiling...AND as a bonus, restful sleep for the remainder of your life as long as you practice the golden rule. (no, I have not had any wine yet.)



THANK YOU AS I KNOW YOU WILL HELP AND BE MY SAVIOR...or just lessen the confusion.Can one use Google Voice as their ONLY phone number? Please o Please Help Me.......?
You can't work around that, but you can use Skype, which is a VoIP service like Google Voice, and you can get your own incoming number without having to verify yourself.



However, 911 will NOT WORK with VoIP services. Keep a cell phone around, even if it's deactivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment