Monday, March 12, 2012

Can housing/crating dogs side by side cause behavior problems?

I have 4 dogs atm, 3 intact males, 1 spayed female and I will be getting another female (will be spayed) this weekend I believe. I have a spare room where the dog crates are kept, the crates are wire bar crates. I have 6 crates, that I stack (3 top, 3 bottom) with a large piece of wood between the rows. The dog can see the dog beside him/her but cant see the ones on top. In the garage I have 6 indoor/outdoor areas that lead to the outside with a large outdoor play area, the inside area is large enough for a nice sized doggy bed, some walking room, and a water bucket. The outdoor runs are large, and are chain link.



I rotate who is beside each other in the outdoor runs, and they normally play and run around in them play though the fence etc. I have heard though, that if the dogs see each other though the fence alot it can make them fence aggressive, fence chargers etc. The dogs live indoors with me, and are very well trained, and are run/worked daily for hours. They have toys, and rawhides, etc etc. Opinions?

The dogs are:

Rocky 5 year old ACD

Behr 2 year old border collie

Nik 8 month old border collie

Kc 13 yr old staffy

Karma 3 year old Amstaff (new dog)Can housing/crating dogs side by side cause behavior problems?
Shouldn't be a problem. One of my mentors has crates stacked 3 high in her living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment