Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why would the average person not believe that Africa (pics)?

Why don't they believe that Africa is not just poverty and corruption, and that only people in the rural areas live in huts and farm for a living (like in many parts of Asia)

It's seriously my biggest pet peeve when Americans ask me things like "You're from AFRICA? OMG do they walk around naked? will i die from a disease as soon as i step off the plane? do you

have cars and streets? OMG do you ride a donkey to school?"

Ofcourse that's an exaggeration but people ask me very ignorant questions sometimes, and I usually don't like to boast but in this case I have to set the record straight and tell

them to stop being so close-minded because what the media portrays of Africa is not what ALL of Africa looks like.

I'm from Tunisia and its a beautiful country right by the Medditeranean and people there live in houses that are MUCH bigger than any on the ones I've seen in the u.s

and we drive the latest european cars and have perfectly modern infrastructure. Other countries in Africa that I've lived in also have beautiful cities, beaches, and are very diverse, I grew up

in Africa but went to International schools there and grew up with Australians, Japanese, Americans, Canadians, Europeans, etc.

Yes, there IS poverty in Africa but why does the media continue to spread the lie that all of Africa is like that??



Pics:



Zanzibar (Island off the coast of east africa:

http://www.wildland.com/trips/details/Im鈥?/a>



Tunisia (Northern Africa)

http://www.iho-ohi.org/wp-content/tunis.鈥?/a>



Gambia (west africa)

http://www.accurofinance.com/images/boxe鈥?/a>



South Africa

http://www.localaccess.com/burger/south%鈥?/a>

http://www.experienceholidays.co.uk/dyna鈥?/a> Why would the average person not believe that Africa (pics)?
Yeah, some people are just ignorant idiots not worthy of reproducing.
because that's what they see on tv. i know that africa is beautiful. and those pictures are amazing! =] Why would the average person not believe that Africa (pics)?
it's called yellow journalism, my friend
Paradise dosen't make the news
You have a good point, and those are some great pictures too. I have a friend from South Africa, his brother still lives there (extremely rich brother), so I do know how beautiful parts of Africa are, but if I were getting my information only from the media in America, I would assume it was a lot more primitive than it is.



Maybe they do it to keep people donating money to areas in Africa that need the help?

No comments:

Post a Comment