Friday, February 24, 2012

Question about making turkey burgers?

So I'm making turkey burgers tomorrow usually I make my burgers with beef but I'm trying to eat a little healthier so when I make beef burgers I use thousand island sauce as spread..would the turkey burgers taste good with thousand island as spread!? And has anyone tried turkey burgers do they taste good?! Is the taste of the burgers far from beef burgers!?Question about making turkey burgers?
The taste is a lot more subtle in turkey burgers. The texture is also more dry. I find that if I add a bit of soy sauce and worcestershire sauce, it makes them taste more "beefy". Or, if you don't mind the sodium, you can use a package of onion beef soup mix (or just beef soup mix), the kind that comes in envelopes. Adding some initial flavor, then treating them as a regular burger, while different, is certainly very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment