Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Am I being picky about my food?

I can totally relate to that Carl's Jr. burger commercial (plus the gorgeous model) where the guy is thinking, "Don't bother me, I'm eating."



Is there something wrong with me, or do others also have an uncomfortable feeling when you're eating, preparing your food, enjoying your cooking, prepping ingredients, or even walking in the door with your to-go bag...and someone near you (a roommate, for example) stares down your food or makes a comment like, "Wow, that smells sooo good.," with the unspoken interpretation -- give me some? Does it make you feel upset or uncomfortable when others "envy" your food or cooking and make comments to imply that you should be sharing with them? And this is in a context where it is crystal clear that you are not family or friends or anything so that they should EXPECT you to offer them your food.



Whenever someone constantly makes comments about what I'm eating, or doesn't know how to leave me alone when I'm eating, it really irks me, and makes me refrain from having any food around them. Does this happen to others, or am I out on an island on this one?



I don't like comments about my food while I'm eating it, and even less, I don't like food moochers who make you feel bad about what you have and they DON'T!Am I being picky about my food?
Oh no.

I'm totally with you, girl.

I'm nowhere near fat, I just don't like sharing my food AT ALL, especially when it's something that I very much like to eat and would love to savor every bite of.

You don't have a problem. You just want your privacy to enjoy YOUR food!



It's like when I go to school and buy my favorite lunch, then a friend asks me if they can have some. I'm all for sharing and all, but this is MY food! Get your own!Am I being picky about my food?
fatty



** Is being called fatty your notion of cruelty? Really? If you aske me now you're being the childish one. My sister calls me fatty when I don't want to share with her and I never get offended. I can't beleive such a term will have someone crying.**

No comments:

Post a Comment