Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How can I express my appreciation to NY for a wonderful visit?

Although I held my breath the taxi driver got us to our hotel quickly %26amp; safely. The hotel room, which I expected to be tiny was average size, clean and safe. We saw no graffiti, very little litter on the streets %26amp; none at all in Central Park as Key drove us around in a bike taxi. Native NYer's offered help in the subway and on the street without us even asking when we looked "lost". No one was rude to us in the 8 days we were there. We did it all -- Ground Zero, Today Show, Top of the Rock, Empire State Bldg, Liberty - Ellis Island, hop on/off bus, China town, Little Italy, Harbor crusie, 3 Broadway shows, Trump Tower, Central Park, Wall Street, F.A.O. Schwarz, Greenwich Village, SoHo, Harlem, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Macy's, Bloomingdales, Times Square several nights, Grand Central Terminal, Carmines, Burger Joint, Junior's, Carnigie Deli, John's Pizza, street vendor hotdogs -

only complaint no refill's on drinks and not enough ice for Texans. Thanks for a very memorable time.How can I express my appreciation to NY for a wonderful visit?
I liv ein nyc. Thats really nice for you to say! SOme people only find faults, but that is nice ofyou to thank the city!
You didn't quite do it all...we have five boroughs, and you only talk about one :) Do more next time, do more! Still, great to know you had a great time. It's an amazing town, huh?

--Life-long Queens resident

Report Abuse

How can I express my appreciation to NY for a wonderful visit?
That's really sweet of you to want to offer your appreciation to NY. Mostly people just complain about it, but the way you stated it, it sounds wonderful. I'm not from NY but if I was, this would do my heart proud to know you loved your visit and you had a wonderful time. I'm actually planning on going this Dec. hopefully. I would love to know how much spending money to take with me to do most if not almost all of the stuff you did.
visit NY more often. i live only 3 hrs from nyc, and haven't done all you did in 8 days! wow...i've only been to 1 broadway show, hard rock cafe, ellis island, wax museum, united nations, and Jekyll and Hyde Rest. very fun trip!
Aaaaaaaw... it's nice to read about the good experiences that tourists have vs. the bad ones. :) I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in the city I used to call home.



I hope you come and visit us again! :)
I think you just did! Sounds like a great time - how fun!!
  • morningstar farms
  • black ops zombie maps
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment