Friday, February 24, 2012

Need some working advice?

I'm 18 and this is my first time working, I am applying for a job at Islands Restraunt (serves like burgers and drinks) as a server. I am funny and outgoing or so my friends tell me and I feel like I can take orders good. I have a question though are there any other people on here in the food service industry that can give me some tips? How do tips work, will I be paid minimum wage or lower since we make tips, how about the serving alcohol thing I am 18 can I still serve it to patrons? Thanks!Need some working advice?
Where I'm at, the average pay you get if there's tips is about 2 bucks an hour (so below minimum wage).

And you can't serve alcohol if you are under 21 where I'm at either, but I'm guessing that goes for anywhere in the USA.

The best you can do in the food service industry is PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Think about how you would like to be treated at a restauraunt, and treat your customers the same way.

A little courtesy goes a long way, and if you treat your customers well, you will rake in tips!

Do little extras, offering drinks to go when they're about to leave and such, never fails to get a big tip.. because it's something most servers don't do.. and something most customers appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment