Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can the rising prices of everything create a new fad of anti-shopping?

I was about to buy a few yogurts last night, but when I saw the 80-cent price (it was .60 last week) on the Yoplait tiny 6-oz containers...I decided to skip it. 20 cents per mouthfull just isn't my idea of appetizing.



I went to a Crown Burger 2 nights ago...saw they were asking $8.00 for a quarter pounder, and simply walked out.



Do merchants esteem us as totally insane? They slug us at the fuel island, then stomp on us at the supermarket...and swing a bat at us when we go for fast food. Is this legal?



Shouldn't there be apologies posted next to prices?Can the rising prices of everything create a new fad of anti-shopping?
I have become one of the anti-shoppers. Not only have I become more 'price per ounce' conscience of everything I buy, we have also started an orchard and planted a huge garden this spring. I look forward to the day when I only have to go to the grocers for a treat of malt balls.



(When did it happen that the majority of people started depending on others so much for their daily survival instead of planting, harvesting %26amp; canning for themselves?)
We planted a garden this year. We have zucchini and tomatoes, corn, peppers, okra, cucumbers, watermelon, cantalopes, winter squash and spaghetti squash. we also planted pickling cucumbers and we made our own pickles last night.

I don't buy yogurt unless it is on sale. But they are right if you buy the larger plain yogurt you can flavor it with jam, honey etc...

Also going out to eat is too expensive, we make our own food here, pull out the grill and BBQ chicken beef pork and pack up the leftovers and use for lunches and dinner for the next couple nights.

Save going out for special occasionsCan the rising prices of everything create a new fad of anti-shopping?
What's "anti-shopping?" .....Are you suggesting that people grow all their own vegetables %26amp; herbs now? You'd still need to buy milk, even if you wanted to make your own yogurt! .....Try buying yogurt in the large containers, which is cheaper than the little ones. Add your own fruit to plain or vanilla yogurt. Stoneyfield Farms is so much better than Yoplait anyways:) ..... Make your own hamburgers at home, or find a different restaurant to go to! Bennigan's has great hamburgers for about $5.99, including fries %26amp; coleslaw...... the rising cost of food should just make you more aware of the options that are available to you; rather than the lazy way of picking the first thing that you see......
Yes, I think that most businesses think that their customers will pay more for their products... otherwise they wouldn't raise the price!



Yoplait yogurt has always been expensive in my opinion... I just buy plain yogurt in the big container, add my own fruits/granola and use a small Tupperware container to bring it to work...



And I rarely eat fast food... and when I do, I just buy off the dollar menu (I am small so it doesn't take much to fill me up). I like homemade burgers more than the fast food kind anyway. I buy hamburger when it's on sale, mix it with some garlic and A1 sauce, separate it into patties and then throw them in Ziploc baggies and into the freezer... that way when I want a burger I can just pop it into the microwave to defrost and then pan fry it right on the stove.



I completely agree with you though that the prices for things have and are continuing to become absolutely crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment